Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Today I called a spa...

...well actually, I called several. I was on a mission. I thought I had all the answers, I thought I had completed the appropriate level of due diligence. However, when I called back to lay down the cash, well, let’s just say, Mario’s is officially out of the question for this visit and any other future consideration.

A week or so ago I found Mario’s and spoke with the lovely Pam or Pat. I wrote her name down but I didn’t have those notes with me today and I just couldn’t remember which it was. I do recall that she was very nice and very helpful; she had all the answers I needed and gave me a ton of detail around my inquiry.

I called back today to set it up, and I was super-lucky (NOT) to get Dude on the line. I threw that NOT in there to emote sarcasm.

I asked to speak with Pam or Pat, and to my surprise, he said neither was at work today. Now, I said Pam or Pat because I couldn’t remember her name, what are the odds people with these names would both work there? Well Dude said they aren’t on any type of commission system for sales, so I proceeded to verify the details as I had remembered. Dude cut me off mid-sentence twice, put me on hold once and was clearly busy doing something else. The last straw was when he asked for my name, I told him Lindsay, and he said to me, “no, I just need your last name” in this little obnoxious tone. How do you know Lindsay isn’t my last name, and seriously Dude, in this economy when people are cutting back on spa treatments, don’t ya think you would wanna be semi-pleasant? We expect some level of snobbery from this industry, but this was, I’m going to just say it, obscene!

I paused for a sec and took a breath. The normal Lindsay would have proceeded to lay in to him and let him have it as any proud garbage-mouth would, maybe he would even cry, but he lucked out. I was at work in close proximity to peers, bosses, managers and others with watchful eyes and hawk-like ears. Additionally, in the spirit of lent, (I’m not Catholic but I love a challenge), I gave up swearing this f-in’ morning because it certainly wasn’t going to be chocolate, sweets, pizza, or anything good. I didn’t want to be doomed to failure before I even put my head on my pillow tonight. And swearing is something I should really check. My co-workers were all doing it, so I thought what the hizzle! So with Dude, I was quite polite and let him know that he was clearly having a very bad day and that I would just call back.

He hung up, that was that. He just hung up.

So I debate, do I make this known to the higher-ups at Mario’s. Normally I would as customer service is very important and the art has clearly been lost. But I don’t want anything from them, no prize, no discount, and it’s not like they would fire him over it. What to do, what to do? Will consider throughout the day…

I wonder what Snooki would do?

Did you know, like Mike “The Situation” Sorrentino, Snooki has submitted to trademark her name? Mike’s abs are the actual Situation, Mike the man, the human, isn’t. That is beyond lame but ever so awesome at the same time.

Speaking of trademarking, I wanted to trademark the word “wackadoo,” but I’m afraid I'm too late. I used to say it all the time and it started spreading like wildfire. My boss said it once and she’s really not the type. Then while watching Kell on Earth last night, I heard Kelly Cutrone say it at least 3 times. I know it got to her via me; I just need to figure out how! But if she can coincidentally bump into the very dog that she gave up for adoption years ago, I can surely find our wackadoo connection.

Still no word from Shaker on the sidewalk inquiry. Will keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment