Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Motivated by a skiing Snoopy pin

I got home from work today and was not going to post. It was like one thing after another tonight, including some wild adventures.

I had to drop off the lil Nugget at the car dealership on the westside AGAIN, even though their policy is door-to-door pick up and delivery. She needed her 35,000 mile check-up.

Then I had to stop at Walgreens because I desperately needed foamy ear plugs to counter my husbands horrific snoring problem in the hope that one day soon I would sleep again. My husband is Bear, my tenderoni. Of course, I was suckered into purchasing a lovely lip gloss, unsalted peanuts and Dots.

Having spent more time and money in Walgreens than planned, I huffed out to the loaner and realize that I had been overcharged for the flirty gloss! A whole $0.50! I had to go back, on principal, you know? This was not the first time this had happened at said location. They often have HUGE SALES with REDUCED PRICES ALL OVER THE STORE but their trick is not to actually adjust those prices on the UPC codes 100% of the time and hope the customer doesn't notice. Well, they don't know me!

So the cashier has to call a manager on the store intercom for help. She used a special code to describe the reason she was asking for assistance. I wondered, could it stand for, "you won't believe it but someone is actually standing here and plans on staying until she is refunded her whole $0.50." I'm not paranoid, Toyota had a code language. The code for me was "Customer is not a friend," I saw it once on their computer screen. Don't worry Toyota, like many others, I'm not coming back.

So I get my refund, with tax, $0.54! Back in the car I am messing around with satellite radio and the other awesomely cool gadgets that make it virtually drive itself (it is quite fancy) and I see something between the seats. I reach down and find it's a small, bubble-wrapped mailing package, unopened, from Hong Kong. This is killing me. I love getting mail, real mail, packages, unexpected gifts, and this one, from a land so far away. It could be anything. Unfortunately, it's not addressed to me.

I am at a crossroads. Clearly it was left by the last person who used this loaner. But the postage date is like 5 days ago, so by now he certainly called his Hong Kong connection and notified them that the package had been lost. Maybe he even placed an insurance claim by now. Or he signed for it at the post office today, hours ago, and has just called Audi and they're about to call me to make sure it's safe. I want to open it so badly. It's partially opened...but it can't be that good, right, Dude hadn't opened it yet...

Well I decide against breaking federal, state, postal, international, ethical law. I didn't win the lottery, so I need my job, I cannot be a felon in 2 lands, and my luck, it's a little keychain or magnet. I do the right thing and call Audi to report the item. They thank me profusely for being wonderful and tell me they'll be calling Dude right away. Rewarding feeling.

I'm finally home, it's about 5:45 and I sit down to watch Teen Mom. Oh my gosh, I am hysterical crying for Catelynn and Tyler. I love these two. Mature, loving, kind, oh I could go on and on. I want to invite them over, have dinner, play cards, I want Snooki to come too. It would be great.

My emotional outbreak has sucked my motivation and I don't want to post.

But then I remember, the little skiing Snoopy pin in the bathroom at work. Someone had lost their little skiing Snoopy pin (possibly from their puffy Looney Tunes winter coat) and it was put on the counter in hopes of being returned to it's proud owner.

The moment I saw that pin I thought, I have to mention this pin tonight. It was a laugh-out-loud moment. What grown up, employed in a professional position, who speaks to decision makers and game players on a regular basis, would sport this pin? Tomorrow I will do some digging and find out. They need to be reported!

Oh did you hear, $104.3 million, most ever paid at auction, for the Walking Man I bronze sculpture. Unbelievable.

No comments:

Post a Comment