Monday, February 8, 2010

Milka what?!

Like many others I hunkered down last night to watch the Superbowl with seven layer dip minus two and some lofty hopes. My team didn't win, but early on I could tell they never even had a chance. They weren't playing.

My second choice to win was Indianapolis because I think that Manning fella seems so nice, so down to earth, not like one of those guys who makes gagillions and does the windmill whenever he scores.

I like break dancing, I love it, I wish I could do it, but I would never bust into the worm just for doing my job. That would be a sight. Ha! Now that I think about it, maybe we should dance more often in public. It's something to consider. How bout this, I will if you do, but you go first.

I made sure to catch the commercials last night. I don't know if I've seen 10 commercials since I switched to DVR some 3 years ago but there were a few good ones. I have to say, that Hyundai they're pushing is looking pretty hot (still a Hyundai though), something I just can't get behind, but I had two fave's of the evening.

My hubby and I enjoy that E*TRADE baby stuff. Who wouldn't love to see a baby talking finance? He loves the one where that baby talks about flexing the golden pipes, but last night, oh last night, they introduced Lindsay in the mix! That jealous little baby trying to call Lindsay out, look little baby, he's just not into you. So what if Lindsay knows how to have fun and get down...you're gonna paint her a milkaholic! Please. Your game is so obvious. That is such a turnoff and he has moved on.

Then there was the Google commercial. Waterworks-city. Going from a fluke impulse to study abroad, to long-distance dating, to marriage, to a baby on the way...that commercial was simple and stellar and I loved it.

No work for me today, I needed a me day to catch my breath. I am gearing up for my morning challenge. I am attempting to negotiate paying less for the installation of some sidewalk in front of my house that was done in June. I think the city thought, let's bill the people at tax refund time and we won't get any squeaky wheels, BUT since I get to owe even more taxes than expected (because of Shaker and their funny ways) I don't have the money to give them. Maybe they will repossess my sidewalk! That would be something.

No comments:

Post a Comment